William Paca Garden Plant Sale
Date: May 8 - 9, 2021
Location: William Paca Garden, Enter at 1 Martin Street
Time: Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm; Sunday, 12 pm - 4 pm
Additional time slots have now been been opened for Sunday, May 9!
A tradition for over 40 years, the William Paca Garden Plant Sale provides the opportunity to take home a piece of history. HA volunteers personally raise over 8,000 plants - perennials, annuals, trees, vines, and vegetable starts - that represent the best of the old and the new. From heirloom tomatoes to Thomas Jefferson's favorite snail vine, from native Blue Mist Flower to the newly developed coneflowers "Ruby Star” and “ Sombrero Adobe Orange,” you will find something here to delight. In addition, we will be offering Columbine, Balloon Flower and Blackberry Lily grown from seeds collected from the William Paca Garden. A new special tomato this year is the San Marzano plum tomato. That’s the wonderful tomato grown in Italy, highlighted in canned tomatoes from Italy and elsewhere. All proceeds of this beloved annual fundraiser support the programs of the William Paca Garden!
There have been some changes to our Plant Sale process this year to keep our shoppers and volunteers safe.
An in-person sale will be offered on Saturday, May 8 and Sunday, May 9, with required capacity restrictions and pre-registration for timed entry.
Additional time slots are now available for Sunday, May 9! Register now!
An online sale will be offered beginning Monday, May 17 (you'll be able to shop starting at 10 am), with Curbside Pickup beginning Friday, May 21.
Take a look at the 2021 Plant Sale Catalog Now! And, we're happy to offer you a printable wishlist to note the plants you wish to purchase. Bring this wishlist with you and our great volunteers will be able to assist you in finding your dream plants!
- Timed Entry Reservations - Those wishing to shop in-person must register for entry. Entry will be timed to restrict capacity at the Sale. Each timed entry reservation will accommodate a maximum party of 2 people; if you plan to bring a larger group, please register for more than one entry slot.
- Facial Coverings Required - At this time, we are requesting that all in-person shoppers wear a face mask at all times while shopping at the Sale, to ensure the safety of both vaccinated and non-vaccinated shoppers.
- Physical Distancing - In-person shoppers should do their best to maintain a 6-foot distance from others while at the Sale.
- Online Sale - Plants will be available for sale online starting Monday, May 17. The orders will be available for Curbside Pickup beginning Friday, May 21.
- Credit cards, cash, and checks will be accepted.
- No pets will be allowed into the Sale.