James Brice House
James Brice was a lawyer and planter, a local and county officeholder, a member of Maryland’s Executive Council for many years, and acting Governor in 1792. The James Brice House is one of the largest and most elegant of Annapolis’s historic mansions. Construction on the five-part Georgian home started in 1767 with the laying of a cornerstone marked “the Beginning.” Six years, 326,000 bricks, and 90,800 cypress shingles later the house was completed. Today, this National Historic Landmark is the headquarters of Historic Annapolis, Inc.