Dr. William Stephenson started construction of this substantial brick mansion shortly before his death in 1739, but the house is named for the family that occupied it from 1747-1815. Samuel Ogle, who served as colonial Maryland’s governor during three nonconsecutive periods, leased the property from 1747 until his death in 1752. On the eve of the Revolutionary War, Samuel’s son, Benjamin Ogle started construction of a large semi-octagonal addition to the rear of the house. Following in his father’s footsteps, Benjamin Ogle served as Governor of Maryland from 1798-1801. The U.S. Naval Academy Alumni Association purchased Ogle Hall in 1944 and restored the property to provide staff offices and reception space for the institution’s graduates.